Dale Berg $500
Jennifer Osborne $50
Matthew Mangapora $10
Teresa Clark $50
Katherine Hagman $25
Burton Bargerstock $100
Help keep the MSU Science Festival free!
Building science literacy is crucial for the health and wellbeing of our communities. With rapidly developing advancements in STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics), it can be difficult to stay up to date on the latest news and research, and many lack access to educational opportunities.
The Science Festival broadens access to education for learners of all ages across Michigan by offering free programs in MSU's research labs and teaching facilities, in K12 classrooms, and in communities and neighborhoods across the state. Our programs help attendees expand their understanding of the world around us and explore how we can tackle society's greatest challenges through new innovations in science.
Through our festival programs and events, we are:
- Broadening access to educational opportunities
- Promoting science literacy in our communities
- Enriching lives through inspirational programming
Broadening Access to Education in Michigan
The MSU Science Festival is a free annual celebration of science, fueled by some of the basic elements essential to scientific inquiry: curiosity, wonder, and discovery.
Every April the MSU Science Festival welcomes thousands of learners of all ages to experience the wonders of science through programs that highlight ground-breaking scholarship and research. This spring, festival events will return live and in-person for the first time in three years! In 2023, visitors can look forward to:
- MSU Expo Days: Enjoy exciting hands-on activities, dazzling demonstrations, and riveting talks from experts across the STEAM disciplines.
- Statewide Astronomy Night: Join planetariums and observatories across the state and explore the wonders of the universe!
- Statewide Earth Day Celebration: Get outside and explore nature centers across Michigan as we celebrate this beautiful planet that we call home.
- Falling Tree Collaborative Performances: Join us for a concert exploring themes of climate change, sustainable food production, and the wonders of our natural world.
- Classroom Science, STEAM Field Trips, and Virtual Ask a Scientist Programs: The festival’s K12 programs help Michigan students make real-world connections to classroom curriculum across the STEAM disciplines.
- Muralmatics Collaboration: We’re hosting a three week after-school mural program for Lansing area students designed to build confidence in STEAM-based knowledge and competencies.
Help Us Build Science Literacy In Our Communities
The MSU Science Festival depends on the generosity of supporters like you to help bring the festival to life. Join us in broadening access to educational experiences and help build science literacy in our communities. Your gift will ensure future Science Festival programs are free and accessible to K12 students and community members across Michigan.
Funds raised will support the development of free educational programs for Michigan communities.
Make a Gift by Mail:
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824
*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 23OOPCF1SCIFEST” in the note section.