Skip to Main Content
Make a Difference Giving to Michigan State University
  • $0 RAISED OF $2,500 GOAL

MSU Safe Place Advocacy and Program Fund

The goal of the MSU Safe Place Advocacy Assistance Fund is to effectively address the needs of survivors of relationship violence and stalking and their minor children on the campus of Michigan State University and in the surrounding communities.  Survivors of domestic violence and stalking face a myriad of challenges in many aspects of their lives, including, loss of control and personal power, safety concerns, work-related challenges, legal issues, health needs, academic difficulties, and keeping their children safe.  Additionally, survivors often face significant financial barriers to meeting their goals. This project strives to acknowledge the unique needs of survivors of domestic violence and stalking who are attempting to regain control and create a life for themselves free from violence, by helping to address some of their financial burdens.

Give to MSU Safe Place and help survivors of relationship violence and stalking.

This project will allow MSU Safe Place to assist survivors with a variety of needs that are all related to helping them to work toward healing and independence, but which are not otherwise funded through other community resources.  Examples of expenses could include, changing locks, utility bills, obtaining birth certificates, prescription costs, transportation costs, work uniforms, service of personal protection orders or other legal documents, housing application fees, academic needs and child-specific necessities.

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 21OOPCF1GTSP” in the note section.


The CARES Act allows taxpayers to take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for those who take the standard deduction. As always, please consult your tax advisor/attorney for advice on your specific situation.

Connect with Us