Lori Blankenship $25
Phillip Nicholson $50
Dan Stulberg $50
Sandra Foley-Smith $150
Kathleen Banghart $50
Lois Furry $25
Barbara Beers $25
Michael Milligan $100
Allison Repp $50
Victoria Essenmacher $50
Reach For The Sky
Reach For The Sky is a $2.2 million project that will include construction of an ADA compliant, 700-foot long canopy walk and a 10 story tree top tower. This one-of-a-kind contemporary attraction will draw both local residents and traveling tourists while contributing to the cultural setting of the Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale and Washtenaw County communities. The project is designed to provide significant opportunities for education, outreach, research, visitor experience, tourism and economic development.
Our vision is to inspire and motivate visitors to explore, observe, and experience nature from a unique and exciting perspective.
We strive to:
- Instill a sense of wonder and curiosity, especially in children, about connecting with nature.
- Provide visitors dynamic discovery with hands-on and feet-off-the-ground activities.
- View the connectivity of forests and freshwater systems from a new perspective.
- Provide unique 360-degree views of Hidden Lake Gardens: the lake and pond, the hills and kettle holes, the gardens and plant collections.
- Become a greater tourist attraction and destination within the MSU, Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, Washtenaw counties and Irish Hills communities.
- Explore and discover nature and woodland communities from the tree tops.
Please join us in making this project a reality by making your contribution today! Every contribution will make a difference in preserving, sustaining and enhancing Hidden Lake Gardens well into the future.
Make a Gift by Mail:
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824
*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 22OOPCF1CANOPY” in the note section.