Sharon Vargas $100
Joseph Budwit $50
Barbara Isom $25
Barbara Jean Beers $10
Celeste Peer $25
Shelley Bezjian $5
Paul Pfeifer $25
Reach For The Sky
Reach for the Sky is a $2.2 million project that will include construction of a 10 story ADA accessible tree top tower and 700-foot canopy walk. This one-of-a-kind contemporary attraction will draw both local residents and traveling tourists while contributing to the cultural setting of the Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale and Washtenaw County communities. The project is designed to provide significant opportunities for education, outreach, research, visitor experience and tourism and economic development.
Wonder and Curiosity
Our vision is to inspire and motivate visitors to explore, observe, and experience nature from a unique and exciting perspective.
- To instill a sense of wonder and curiosity, especially in children, about the natural world.
- To provide visitors dynamic discovery with hands-on and feet off-the-ground activities.
- To view the connectivity of forests and freshwater systems from a new perspective.
- To provide unique 360-degree views of Hidden Lake Gardens: the lake and pond, the hills and kettle holes, the gardens and plant collections.
- To become a greater tourist attraction and destination within MSU; Lenawee, Jackson, Hillsdale, and Washtenaw counties; and Irish Hills.
- To explore and discover nature and woodland communities from the tree
Please join us in making this project a reality by making your contribution today! Every contribution will make a difference in preserving, sustaining and enhancing Hidden Lake Gardens well into the future.
Who We Are
Hidden Lake Gardens and Arboretum is a 755 acre public garden in Lenawee County that was gifted to MSU by local businessman, Harry Fee, in 1945 for “the benefit and education of the public.” Our mission is to instill an appreciation of plants, gardens, landscapes, and the natural environment by displaying collections of plants that are of botanical and arboricultural value to students, professionals, and the public. The conservatory consists of the tropical dome (foliage and economic plants), arid dome (cactus and succulent plants), and temperate house (flowering and foliage plants plus seasonal displays).
Make a Gift by Mail:
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824
*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 20OOPCF1HLGCWTT” in the note section.