Skip to Main Content
Make a Difference Giving to Michigan State University
  • $1,586 RAISED OF $5,000 GOAL


  • Debra Ralston $200.00
  • Phillip Nicholson $50.00
  • Anonymous $6.00
  • Mary Mertz-Smith $50.00
  • Alan Prather $50.00
  • Molly Brennan $500.00
  • Eric Ederer $200.00
  • Robert Spagnuolo $50.00
  • Robert Page $100.00
  • Nicholas Mercuro $200.00
  • Jacqueline Babcock $100.00
  • Maria Buitrago Acosta $20.00
  • Jacob Roberts $20.00
  • Zoe Kissel $20.00
  • Sandra Brown $20.00

The Center for Object Research and Engagement (aka The CORE)

The MSU Broad Art Museum’s collection of over 10,000 works represents a wide array of art from the ancient to the present, spanning the globe and the range of art history. This living collection is a valuable asset and a source of enjoyment for the many communities we serve, and it only continues to grow and diversify.

In an effort to expand access to this collection, bring many artworks out of storage, and create an active educational space that will encourage diverse experiences with art, the Center for Object Research and Engagement (aka The CORE) was conceived and put into production.

Your Support Will Make a Big Difference

The CORE will expand access to the MSU Broad Art Museum collection as a critical site of learning for students of all ages, further integrating the role of the arts and object-based learning across MSU’s campus, while advancing a sense of belonging through the values of diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility in the betterment of communities across mid-Michigan, and beyond.

Project Budget

Transformation of the museum’s lower level began June 5, 2023, with construction scheduled to conclude this fall. The final installation of the space is planned for late October with the launch of The CORE set for November 10, 2023. Over 90% of funds are already secured, but the remaining 10% are critical to the success of the project. Help us cross the finish line!

Any gifts made now will help fund necessary hardware, fixtures, and programmatic supplies for the space including but not limited to: display cases, flat files for artwork storage, lighting fixtures, multisensory stations, and more.

Who We Are

The Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum at Michigan State University connects people with art through experiences that inspire curiosity and inquiry. Presenting exhibitions and programs that engage diverse communities around issues of local relevance and global significance, the MSU Broad Art Museum advances the university values of quality, inclusion, and connectivity. Opened on November 10, 2012, the museum was designed by Pritzker Prize-winning architect Zaha Hadid and named in honor of Eli and Edythe Broad, longtime supporters of the university who provided the lead gift for its creation.

Michigan State University has been working to advance the common good in uncommon ways for more than 150 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU focuses its vast resources on creating solutions to some of the world's most pressing challenges, while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 24OOPCF1BAMCORE” in the note section.

Connect with Us