Spartan helmet
  • $1,300 RAISED OF $3,000 GOAL


  • Tina Houghton $25.00
  • Anonymous $75.00
  • Alex Dyste-Demet $50.00
  • Jacqueline Cox $50.00
  • Elizabeth Arcand $100.00
  • Renee Wauldron $1,000.00

Support the Don Ausman Alternative Break Endowment Fund

In memory of Spartan Don Ausman, the Don Ausman Alternative Break Endowment Fund will offer travel scholarships to students who wish to serve communities around the globe on their school breaks. Don, who passed away at age 22, gave freely of his time with communities in the United States, Africa, and Mexico. Help us keep Don’s spirit alive by supporting students who have the same commitment to community engagement.

Your Support Makes a Difference

Help us raise $3,000! Give to the Don Ausman Alternative Break Endowment Fund and help send MSU students on Alternative Breaks in the United States and around the world through our travel scholarships program.

A gift of $400 will assist an MSU student with the travel expenses for Alternative Break Programs domestically and globally. Many students wish to give back to communities around the world by volunteering during their MSU breaks and can’t afford the travel expenses related to doing so.

Who We Are

The Center for Community Engaged Learning at MSU

In partnership with campus and community, we advance community engaged learning at Michigan State University and prepare students for lifelong civic and social responsibility.

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 24OOPCF1GTDAAB” in the note section.