Skip to Main Content
Make a Difference Giving to Michigan State University
  • $4,010 RAISED OF $2,500 GOAL


  • Anonymous $10
  • JANE MCCABE $100
  • Anthony and Kristy (Piana) Schena $1,000
  • Tzu Jen Kuo $250
  • Anonymous $100
  • Anna Browne $100
  • Anonymous $500
  • Anonymous $100
  • Deb Ehnis-Clark $100
  • David Ewoldsen $100
  • Nancy Tschirhart Koster $100
  • Brian O'Connor $250
  • Ann Marie Schiller $1,000
  • Meredith Jagutis $50
  • Ann Hoffman $100
  • Kaari Peterson $100
  • Richard Anderson $50

Support the Communication Arts and Sciences Student Emergency Fund

Students using the textbook resource library in the College of Communications Arts and ScienceThe average cost of textbooks for an undergraduate student at MSU is more than $1,000 each academic year. Unfortunately, even with student employment and access to financial aid, many students cannot afford to buy the necessary textbooks for their college courses. Without textbooks, it is difficult for students to be successful in their coursework.

Your Support Will Make a Big Difference

One very simple act can make the biggest difference. This project will help to fund a textbook resource library in the Academic and Student Affairs Office in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences. Students who cannot afford to buy their textbooks will be able to check them out and return them after the semester is over.

The Real Impact of Your Gift

When we give them the tools and resources they need to be successful, it is life changing for a student. When students can’t afford a textbook for one of their classes, we will use the funds to purchase the book they need. At the end of the semester, the student will return the book so students in subsequent semesters can also utilize the book.

Who We Are

We are academic advisors, directors and academic deans in the College of Communication Arts and Sciences that care deeply about student success. We know that something simple like having access to course textbooks can have a great impact on student persistence.

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 23OOPCF1GTCASEM” in the note section.

Connect with Us