Skip to Main Content
Make a Difference Giving to Michigan State University
  • $100 RAISED OF $10,000 GOAL


  • Douglas Gatrell $100

Applied Engineering Sciences Program

AES desires to build the Applied Engineering Sciences Discretionary Endowment Fund for students in the major. Historically, this discretionary endowment has been used for student support. Currently, approximately 40% of the students in the major are considered to be in need under federal guidelines. The other 60% need the opportunity to make going to college just a little bit easier... just a little less of a financial burden.

With the current level of endowment, approximately 10% of students in the major who apply are able to receive funds.

Give to Applied Engineering Sciences Discretionary Endowment Fund and Help Support AES Students Through Scholarship. Invest in the Lives of Future Spartan Engineering Alumni!

The current average debt load of a college graduate is over $30,000. The AES program teaches a hybrid of engineering skills and business acumen. Our graduates are technically sound and business bound! We have over a track record over 45 years long of graduating leaders who conquer the technical and business worlds. Invest in these future Spartan alumni now, when they need it most, to help them accomplish their goal to become Spartan engineers. 

For an undergraduate student to work a summer job to pay for one year of college, he or she would need to work 40 hours a week for 12 weeks, earning at least $45/hour and saving every penny. This is why we need to build the endowed fund.

Who We Are

The AES program has an enrollment of 410 students that is 35% female. Graduates students earn a BS degree from the College of Engineering that includes core math and science classes with extensive foundational coursework in five engineering disciplines. Each student is required to take essential subjects in business, accounting, economics, and marketing. The major is flexible and versatile. The AES program has matured significantly over the last decade, to include substantial design and teamwork experiences, embrace a senior capstone project taught interdisciplinarily with the Business school. 

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 20OOPCF1AESGGD” in the note section.


The CARES Act allows taxpayers to take a charitable deduction of up to $300 for those who take the standard deduction. As always, please consult your tax advisor/attorney for advice on your specific situation.

Connect with Us