Spartan helmet
  • $1,200 RAISED OF $5,000 GOAL


  • Renee Mclaughlin $1,000.00
  • Jessica Mistak $100.00
  • Mellissa Smith $100.00

Support Alger County 4-H

4-H is a youth development program where adult volunteers provide positive, hands-on, fun and educational opportunities with youth ages 5 to 19. This can take place in many different settings such as project clubs, community clubs, after school programs, camps, workshops, or events. 4-H provides youth the opportunities to succeed and learn new experiences to help them become productive, successful adults. Alger County 4-H serves approximately 200 youth every year. Active clubs currently include baking/cooking, crafting, community service, livestock, and science 4-H clubs. Expo Days, UP 4-H Camp, Life of Lake Superior, and the Harvest Festival are a few of our annual camps, workshops, and events the community comes together for.

As we are a small county, we don't have a lot of opportunity or person-power for a large-scale fundraising campaign. There is a 4-H Council in Alger County that supports scholarships for youth to attend events, but their main goal is not to fund 4-H programs. This CrowdPower campaign will fund supplies, materials, and start-up costs needed for both new and existing 4-H clubs. It will also help fund other new opportunities for Alger youth. 100% of the money raised goes to our local Alger County 4-H program.

Your Support Will Make a Big Difference

Because of the incredible generosity of 4-H supporters in Alger County historically, our fundraising goal is $5,000. Additional funds will allow for the creation of more clubs across the county, and permit our new clubs created through this CrowdPower campaign to operate and educate community youth for the next year. 4‑H empowers youth to be true leaders. True leaders are young people who have confidence; know how to work well with others; can endure through challenges; and will stick with a job until it gets done. In 4‑H, we believe true leaders aren’t born – they’re grown.

Make a Gift by Mail:

University Advancement
Spartan Way
535 Chestnut Road, Room 300
East Lansing, MI 48824

*Make check payable to Michigan State University and write “Appeal 24OOPCF14HALGER” in the note section.

Connect with Us