24 Hours in November
500 faculty, staff, and retirees stepped up to support MSU.
24 Hours in NovemberApril 25, 2017
On November 29th, 2016, MSU’s own—the faculty, staff, and retirees of MSU—were at the forefront in the university’s Giving Tuesday effort. From the moment the university-wide campaign kicked off at 12:00 a.m., until the last possible minute at 11:57 p.m., members of Team MSU contributed more than 20 percent of the $241,939 raised. Here’s a sampling of their gifts:
- Rick Seguin (1), External Relations director for the College of Social Science, gave to the InnovateGov Fund at 12:18 a.m.
- Therese Nugent (2), Landscape Services operations supervisor, gave to the MSU Student Food Bank at 6:41 a.m.
- Regina Cross (3), Travel programs director for the MSU Alumni Association, gave to the MSU Black Alumni Association Endowed Schoalrship Fund, WKAR Radio, and the Spartan Fund at 10:04 a.m.
- Prabu David (4), Dean of the College of Communication Arts and Sciences, gave to the WKAR Endowment for Student Experiential Learning, and the College of Communication Arts and Sciences Student Field Experience Fund at 1:53 p.m.
- Xiaobo Tan (5), MSU Foundation Professor in Engineering (and research leader for the gliding robotic fish GRACE 2.0), gave to the Thomas F. Wolff College of Engineering Undergraduate Student Activities Endowed Fund at 4:58 p.m.
- Cynthia Lounsbery (6), Retiree from Communications and Brand Strategy, gave to the College of Communication Arts and Sceinces Student Field Experience Fund at 5:42 p.m.
- Dmitri Berlinsky (7), Professor of Violin, gave to the College of Music Entrepreneurship Fund at 9:03 p.m.
- Jennifer Lau (8), W.K. Kellog Biological Station associate professor, gave to the George H. Lauff Scholarship Fund at 10:17 p.m.
- Karin Pfeiffer (9), Associate professor of Kinesiology, gave to the Department of Kinesiology at 11:19 p.m.
- Katie Wittenauer (10), Communications manager for the Residential College in the Arts and Humanities, gave to the RCAH Dean’s Initiative Fund at 11:57 p.m.