April 12, 2011
Eight current and three former School of Hospitality Business faculty have “taken their seats” with a contribution of $2,500-5,000 each to name a chair that will be a part of the demonstration theater in the Culinary Business Learning Lab revitalization project.
The current faculty are: Director Ron Cichy, H. Michael Rice, Bonnie Knutson and Raymond Schmidgall, James F. Rainey, Jack D. Ninemeier, Michael Kasavana and Jeffrey Beck. The former faculty are: Angelos Vlahakis, Carolyn Rigterink and Marc Gordon.
The demonstration theater will carry the name of the J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott Foundation in recognition of the foundation’s gift of $2 million. The theater will be one of the new state-of-the-art facilities in the $4.1 million overall project which will revitalize the 11,258 square feet of the current Lab on the garden level of the Kellogg Hotel & Conference Center. The new facility, expected to be completed in late summer 2011, will house food production management courses, demonstrations, special events and executive development programs for industry professionals.
For more information about the Culinary Business Learning Lab or to make a gift, go to www.bus.msu.edu or contact the Office of Development at (517) 884-1586.